Sunday, 13 April 2014

Mally - Guide to Gorgeous!


"Make-up is simply the accessory that allows someone's true nature and beauty to outwardly manifest itself"
Mally Roncal

Now I'd never heard of Mally Roncal, nor the make-up range Mally until a couple of Sunday's ago when my Mum and I stumbled upon it on QVC. It's not my go-to place when buying beauty products but Mum always uses it to stock up on Liz Earle bits. Mally Roncal, is a celebrity make-up artist to JLo, Angelina Jolie and the Queen Bee, Beyoncé, and she now has her own make-up line 'Mally'. 


We decided to try out this seven piece set (and by we I mean Mum bought it and I use it, sorry Mum!), and we love it.


The first thing included in this set is the Evercolour Poreless Face Defender which instantly mattifies and sets your make-up in place. It's clear, lightweight formula is easy to use, just dab a little on the sponge and gently pat onto the skin once your base has been applied. This is my favourite item from the set as it smooths skin and keeps your make-up in place all day long.


This two-piece set includes an eyeshadow base and eyeshadow. The base creates the perfect canvas for any eye look and helps to keep any shadow or liner in place. I really love this shadow as it's so pigmented and easy to blend, perfect for me as I'm useless at applying eyeshadow. The shadow in the shade Taupe is gorgeous, as it has a slight shimmer but it's not too OTT. It's also super flattering on blue eyes and make my eyes 'pop'.


I apply the 'Open Up!' eyeliner to my top waterline and also along my lash-line of my lid and it really does what it says on the tin, opening my eyes instantly. It stays in place all day, and literally will not budge.


When I first saw the Brow Fix I was not sold atall. It's so thick I thought it'd be impossible to fill my eyebrows in properly. How wrong I was! Along with filling your brows in as usual, it also help 'fix' them in place, as the title suggests. I have a love/hate relationship with my eyebrows, but this product is so easy to use, that they're done in a minute and don't stray all day.
 

This High Shine Liquid Lipstick in Cherry Blossom is perfect for everyday as it's such a subtle shade and one twist of the base gives the perfect amount on the brush, so you're not wasting any product. 


The last product in the set is the Get the Last Lash double-ended Mascara. The 'defining' side has a smaller applicator and I use this first to seperate and lengthen my lashes. Then I use the 'maximising' end with the bigger brush to thicken and well, maximse my eyelashes.



I really enjoyed using all these products and their staying power is incredible. Each product is great for a natural, everyday face and I already know which products I'll be re-purchasing.


Have you used an Mally products before?

X

Follow me on Bloglovin' // Instagram // Twitter

2 comments:

  1. These looks really good! Never heard of Mally either.

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was scepticle at first, but it's all so good! Especially the defender and mascara.. Xx

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs