Sunday, 27 April 2014

My Top 5 Mac Lipsticks





Narrowing down my 5 favourite Mac lipsticks was tricky, but I think I've managed. I'm a lover of bright lipsticks as you can now probably tell, and these 5 are my most used & loved. At £15 a pop I can see why some people opt for drugstore lipsticks instead, I have loads myself, but I do like treating myself to Mac lipstick now and then as they last forever, have a huge variety of colours and just feel good!




First up, Ruby Woo. This is one of the Matte formula lipsticks by Mac and can be quite drying and tug when applying, but if you use a lipscrub (recipe here) and balm beforehand you'll have no problem. I prefer to apply this with a lipbrush to get a neat lipline or it can look a tad messy. All that said, I love this. Being an opaque blue-based red it makes my teeth look whiter, which is always a good thing. I love wearing this all year round (who says reds are just for winter?) and it makes me feel kinda sassy. I have a lot of red lipsticks (and I mean alot), but this is my go-to red.



Lady Danger. Mega heart-eyed emoji. I bought this in duty-free at the airport before a holiday and I'm glad I did because this looks so good with a tan. This is another matte formula lipstick but I don't find it drags upon application at all. It's described as a 'vivid, bright coral-red' and it really is. I think this colour would suit pretty much every skin tone, but I especially love this when I'm tanned. 


On braver days, I like to wear Morange. 'Loudmouth Orange' is how it's described, which I would say is pretty on point. This looks best with a pretty simple face, so a flawless base and a quick swish of mascara is all you need with this. Being it's complimentry colour, it really makes blue eyes pop, but I also think it'd really suit brown eyes (and all other coloured peepers) too. It has an amplified cream finish and is smooth and easy to apply. If you looking for a wearable but intense orange, this is for you.


I never feel Impassioned is done justice in photos, the true colour never shows but this is an 'amped up fuschia' with purple undertones. Again, it's an amplified cream formula, which is great for sore lip days (which I have more than my share of) as it doesn't cling to dry patches. This is another one that suits every complexion, and I find it really wearable both when I'm palest of the pale and when I have a nice tan going on.


I mentioned Coral Bliss in this post, as my everyday go-to shade, as it's so wearable and goes with pretty much everything. Great for a fresh, spring face.

What are your favourite Mac lipsticks?


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Instagram // Twitter



9 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS choices! I would wear all of these :) x

    style sunrise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby Woo, is my all time favourite! Although Russian Red is a VERY close 2nd.

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I need to try Russian Red! Heard so many good things xx

      Delete
  3. Those swatches are beautiful! I almost want to take my next paycheck to MAC :D
    A Thing of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so nice aren't they, super pigmented! You should :) xx

      Delete
  4. Those are SUCH pretty colours!! I love bright lipsticks too, even though I don't wear them nearly enough!

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely feel more myself wearing a bright lipstick! Xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs