Sunday, 20 April 2014

My Everyday Face


Happy Easter! For me Easter Sunday is about eating copious amounts of chocolate and chilling with my Family. We all went for a little stroll around Battlesbridge this morning, until the heavens opened, and then came home to chill, nap and enjoy a lazy Sunday together.

On days like today, and even on usual work days, I don't fancy slapping a lot on my face. Here are my top picks for everyday, natural makeup. It's funny how a 'natural' look still requires a fair few products! #firstworldgirlproblems

The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser - I bloody love this! It basically smoothes, mattifies and primes your face all in one, while minimising the appearance of pores. Tea Tree products always leave my skin feeling fresh and I like knowing it's doing something good for my skin too.

Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser - I think I have found the one with this Liz Earle gem! I seem to struggle finding the right one for me and am always worried the wrong one will break me out, but then without my skin will be tight and dry in patches which looks and feels equally as bad. My Mum suggested trying this and it's without a doubt the best I've ever used.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum (52) - This is up there in my top 3 bases and is the one I go to for Spring/Summer. It's gel-like formula is easy to blend and is packed with vitamins & a  fruit therapy formula which includes goji berries and pomegranates. If you want an even complexion with light/medium coverage then this is the one.

Seventeen Stay Time Concealer - Now, I'm a lover of the beloved Collection Lasting Perfection concealer like everybody else, but I recently wanted to switch it up and give something else a go. I was mooching about in Boots and saw this new concealer as thought I'd try it out. The coverage on this is so good and it's so creamy and blendable it reminds me of the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer but at a fracton of the price! Also, like the name would suggest, it stays in place all day. Dare I say this is my new holygrail concealer?

Natural Collection Suntint Bronzing Powder - I wasn't expecting much from this bronzer, I just picked it up on a quick visit to Boots after smashing my usual one, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's a matte powder, which for me is perfect, as it looks more like a natural glow than when you use a bronzer with shimmer in.

No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter - I spoke a bit about the blush version of this here, and is pretty much the same in all aspects, other than obviously being a highlighter. I actually prefer having my highlighter in this stick as it means I can't smash it like my previous one. (Can you tell I'm really clumsy?!)

NARS 'Orgasm' Blush - No matter what blush I use I always come back to this little love. It's just the perfect natural, pop of colour for a healthy-skin glow. I've written more here, if you'd like a read.

Sleek Eyebrow Kit (Light) - This handy little brow kit is perfect as it has everything you need for perfect brows in one tiny compact, think Benefit's Brow Zings but cheaper. I comes with shaping wax, setting powder, mini-tweezers and two little angle & blending brushes.

Seventeen High Drama Liquid Eyeliner - I feel naked without my winged liner and this is by far my favourite liquid eyeliner to use. I've tried the gels and the pens but nothing beats this. It's easy to control and when it says it's black, it really is black.

Seventeen Back Lash Mascara - No mascaras come close to Seventeen mascaras for me. I've tried alot but I've never been dissappointed with a Seventeen Mascara. Even the cult-favourite They're Real from Benefit doesn't float my boat quite like these do.

MAC Color Bliss Lipstick - This is my favourite Cremesheen + Pearl lipstick by MAC. Coral lips are my favourite and this sheer lipstick is perfect for an everyday look.

What products do you use for an everyday look?

X

Follow me on Bloglovin' // Instagram // Twitter


2 comments:

  1. Im a little bit in love with that Mac lipstick. What a gorgeous colour.

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Such a lovely shade isn't it :) xx

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs