Wednesday, 9 April 2014

DIY Lip Scrub!


Despite religiously applying lipbalm, I still seem to have really chapped lips which is not a good look, especially when you're a lipstick addict like myself. That's where lip scrubs come in! They're a quick way to gently exfoliate your dry lips and make them super soft and lipstick ready. If you like the LUSH lip scrub (the bubblegum's my favourite!) then you will love this.

What you will need:

-Sugar (Caster or Granulated, they both do the trick)
-Olive Oil
-Honey
-Vanilla Essence
-Food Colouring








 Start by putting 1 tbsp of sugar in your container and add ½ tbsp of olive oil. The sugar obviously acts as the actual 'scrub' and the olive oil helps to moisturise your lips as you're scrubbing to keep them from getting sore. Next up, add a tiny drizzle of honey (just enough to bind the ingredients together). A couple of drops of vanilla essence, to make it taste nice and a tiny drop of food colouring and you're nearly done. Mix it all together and check the consistency is how you like it e.g if it's not all bound together, you'll need to add more honey. Then, voilĂ ! Scrub your lips, apply lipstick and you're good to go. It really is that easy and you can probably find all of the ingredients in your kitchen cupboard! 


Do you have any beauty hacks?

X

Follow me on Bloglovin' // Instagram // Twitter

5 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, I love the Lush scrubs so I'm definitely going to have to give it a go! I nominated you for a liebster award - there's a post about it over on my blog :)

    http://confessionsofaclumsygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so quicky and easy! Really does work too :) thankyou lovely, I'll take a look xx

      Delete
  2. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! :)
    http://dailybarb.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo thanks for this idea! Will definitely be trying it out :) Alexandra, x

    http://alexxkate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! :) followed on bloglovin' xx

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs