I'm a girl with a sweet tooth and with the return of The Great British Bake off, I've been trying my hand at baking. The one thing I love to bake the most is a crumble. It doesn't matter what kind, any kind will do, but my absolute favourite is Apple & Blackberry. So I thought, why not share this super easy recipe so you can get your Mary Berry on...
You will need:
- 200g of plain flour (I like to use wholemeal)
- 100g of sugar (plus an extra tablespoon or two)
- 100g of butter
- 3 large cooking apples
- A couple of handfuls of blackberries (ooh, so technical)
So, here goes:
1. Start by peeling the apples and carefully slicing each one up. I like to pop the already sliced apples into a bowl of water while I finish of the rest to keep them from browning too much.
2. Once all the apples are sliced start placing them on the bottom of your crumble dish in an even layer. Don't worry too much about any little gaps as the blackberries will fill these.
3. Then pop on the blackberries and spread evenly over the apples.
4. You will then need to sprinkle some sugar over the fruit to avoid your crumble being too sharp. You want it to be nice and sweet. I use two tablespoons of sugar for mine.
5. Now the base is ready you can move on to the actual 'crumble' part. Start be sieving your flour into a mixing bowl.
6. Now you can add the sugar and the butter. I like to cut the butter into smaller squares before adding, just to make the next step a little easier.
7. Start to rub the mixture between your finger tips quickly and keep doing so until it looks like...
This!
8. Pour the crumble mixture over the fruit and pat down with the back of a spoon until all of the fruit is covered.
9. It should then look like the below. Then place into your pre-heated oven at gas mark four for 30-40 minutes or until your crumble is a golden brown.
10. After 40 minutes remove from the oven and admire your crumble!
11. Serve up hot or cold with a drizzle of cream or a big dollop of custard, and enjoy.
X





No comments:
Post a Comment