Monday, 19 May 2014

VO5 Hair Saviours!


My hair is naturally really fine and pretty boring if I'm honest and I don't tend to make much effort with it  (slap on the wrist, I know!) so I've been meaning to purchase a few products to lend a hand so when I saw an offer going on for VO5 I couldn't resist. I mean it was pretty much fate...no? 


The first thing I picked up was the Smoothly Does It Heat Protect Serum. I don't tend to use much heat on my hair (I'd love to say it just doesn't need it but it's down to pure laziness), but when I do I always forget to use heat protection. This serum promises illuminated hair with shine, as well as protecting so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It says to use it on damp, towel dried hair before drying for a sleek look and after the hair is dry if you want curly hair, although I'm not sure how it's protecting from the heat after it's dry? Anyway, I opt to use it before drying as I think it's thick, gel-like consistency would make my hair feel a bit slick otherwise. I've used this a few times and really like it, plus it smells good! 


I also chose the Extra Body Styling Mousse, because as I said my hair is really fine and quite lank so I bought this in the hope that it gives a bit of body to my lacklustre hair. I used a golf ball size dollop in my hair before drying, making sure it was evenly distributed and I was seriously impressed with the outcome. My hair was smooth, volumous and considerably thicker, which made it a lot easier to do something with it. Could this be a holy grail hair necessity? Maybe!


The last thing I got was the Strong Hold Hairspray which claims to have 5 vital benefits including a UV filter, all day hold and weather protection. I used this in conjuction with the other two products after a bit of styling and loved the ultrafine spray as it didn't feel like I was wearing a lot of hairspray and my hair still felt super soft. It also kept my hair held in place all night, even after a bit (ok...a lot) of dancing.

All of these products are winners for me and really helped my lank hair look full, soft and healthy.

Have you tried any of the VO5 products lately?

X

 Follow me on Bloglovin' // Instagram // Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs