A little bit of a different post than usual today, no beauty bits or outfits, but instead a nosy at some pictures from Oxburgh Hall. They were just too pretty to not share.
Last week, I had booked off a few days at work so Dan and I headed to Norwich to stay with some family. Now, I don't know about you, but sometimes a weekend just isn't enough time away from work and a few extra days are much needed and appreciated.
When we arrived we had a few leaflets of places to visit and the first of the bunch was Oxburgh Hall, a moated country house from the 1400's owned by the National Trust. I know this sort of thing isn't for everyone, but it was honestly such a lovely day. You get to walk around the house, which is full of extravagant interior, secret doors and little information cards if you want to know a little more. After walking around the house we had a stroll around the grounds which was beautiful! We were lucky it was such a nice day weather wise so we could fully enjoy the views.
On our way in we were asked by the lady selling tickets if we were under 25 and wanted to become members of the National Trust for £27. We said we'd think about it, but after spending the day there we agreed. Entry here was around £10 so we figured if we went a couple more places we'd have our money's worth and also the rest of the year for free. Even if we only use our passes when visting Norwich again, we'd be saving money, and we also got our original £10 back. Bargain!
Just outside of Oxburgh Hall, there's a lovely pub called The Bedingfeld Arms which serves delicious food and also has a really unique style. The owner of the pub and her little pooch were also chilling in the garden of the pub and chatting to the customers which was nice. I'll definitely be going back here next time I visit.
I know the subject of this post won't be for everyone but it was such a good day I thought it was worth sharing.
Have you taken a break lately? Where did you visit?
X
Follow me on Bloglovin' // Instagram // Twitter






No comments:
Post a Comment