Monday, 29 September 2014

Top 5 Autumn Staples


The last few days have really felt like Autumn has arrived, with nippier mornings and cosier evenings. I'm not usually a fan of the colder months, but I suffer them with the knowledge that my favourite time of year is just around the corner, Christmas! However, this year I've been getting into the Autumn spirit with a few knitted purchases and a switch up of my usual make-up picks...


The Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation in the shade Ivory is a new purchase for me. Now my tan is well and truly gone and the days are getting a bit colder I need to start wearing a little foundation and after hearing only good reviews I thought I'd give this a go. It gives medium/full coverage (depending on how much you build it up), and it honestly does stay put and last all day. As I have oily skin I'm used to my make-up sliding off my face before lunch but this lasts until at least late afternoon, with no touch-ups. This would also be ideal for slightly drier skin and it's quite dewy upon application, before using any powder.


As I'm fairly pale I like to use a little bronzer through the Winter months so I don't look like a complete ghost. I have mentioned this bronzer before here, so I won't go on too much but this is the perfect bronzer for a subtle contour and natural glow.


The Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blushes are firm favourites of mine. The lightweight creamy formula gives a pretty hint of colour that builds blends effortlessly. The shade Charmed is the perfect pink to give your cheeks a rosy flush.


Despite being a  die-hard winger-liner lover, I've started using this Seventeen Trio Eye Shadows in the shade In the Nude to create a soft and casual smokey eye suitable for the daytime. These shadows are all matte which I love, and the darkest shade looks beautiful once blended in to the crease of your eye.


Last up is the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish lipstick in 08. This is a dark pink/nude colour which I love for day to day wear in the colder months and looks great with the Revlon blush. This formula usually lasts a good few hours before starting to wear off but I do tend to re-apply a few times throughout the day. 

What are your Autumn make-up staples?

X

Follow me on Bloglovin' // Instagram // Twitter


P.S A little apology for the lack of posts lately! In the last few weeks I've started University, a new job and my work placement so I've been super busy settling into my new routine. I'm hoping to get back into blogging with my usual regular posting from here on out! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs