Saturday, 15 March 2014

Nars 'Orgasm' Blush Dupe










Dainty Doll - 004  (Top swatch)
Nars - Orgasm  (Bottom swatch)

My favourite blush of all time is , you guessed it, Orgasm by Nars. The shade is described as a 'peachy pink with shimmer' and that is exactly what you get. It's perfect for the Spring and Summer and always gives a healthy glow to my, usually pale, complexion.

The other month, I stumbled across the Dainty Doll make-up collection by Nicola Roberts, especially designed for pale skinned gals, and decided to give it a whirl. I chose 004, a peachy, pink shade with a shimmer (what a surprise!) and I'm so glad I did! As soon as I tried it out, I realised it's almost a perfect dupe for my trusty Orgasm and at a fraction of the price.

While the Nars blush is super buildable, the Dainty Doll is so pigmented you literally need a quick swirl and tap and you're left with the perfect amount with no need to build. Dainty Doll 1 - Nars 0. Although, the Nars blush stays in place all day, with no need to touch up, the Dainty Doll blush seems to disappear by lunchtime. Dainty Doll 1 - Nars 1. Both blushers are smooth to apply and easy to blend, and don't leave you with a dreaded cake-face.

If you feel like splurging, then go for the Nars and if you're on a budget go with the Dainty Doll. And atleast with the Dainty Doll you won't have to awkwardly ask the Make-up Consultant for an Orgasm..

x

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs