L-R: Rimmel Salon Pro (Hip Hop) - Ciate Mini (Play Date) - No7 Stay Perfect (Cheeky Chops) - Angelica (Bondi Beach) - 17 Fast Finish (Pink Lemonade)
Now my holiday is just over a week away I'm getting in pamper mode to ensure I'm all ready and in the Summer spirit. I've been trying to decide which polish to use whle I'm away and rounded up a few of my favourites to choose from and lo and behold, they're all various shades of coral. I'm abit coral/orange crazy at the moment (if you hadn't guess from my May Favourites post). Coral is just the perfect colour for the Summer as it's bright, fun and looks amazing with a tan. There's also so many different shades of coral that everyone is guaranteed to find the perfect coral for them.
The darkest of the bunch is the Rimmel Salon Pro in the shade Hip Hop, kind of a burnt out orangey/red but definitely part of the coral family, this is the shade I opted for on my holiday last year and managed to last a week before chipping, which after long days in a pool of chlorine is pretty impressive.
Play Date by Ciate is the newest member of my coral clan as, like a lot of you, I picked it up free with a copy of Marie Claire (bargain!). It's pretty similar to the Rimmel one, but a little more pinky. I'm not too sure of the staying power yet, but I've only ever heard good things about Ciate. One coat of this and it was opaque which is great for me as I'm so lazy and impatient while painting my nails.
My all time favourite nail polish is Cheeky Chops by No7. I've featured it before here, and it's just the perfect, bright pinky coral. I just love this stuff.
I'm not too sure where I picked up this Angelica polish in the shade Bondi Beach from, it may even have been Primark, but I like it. It stays on without chipping for abround 4-5 days which isn't bad considering I'm typing all day. The colour is gorgeous and is a slightly more orangey coral than Cheeky Chops and it looks amazing with a tan. I think this might be a winner for this years holiday!
Lastly, Pink Lemonade from Seventeen. This is a neutral coral for those of you aren't into brightbrightbright nails or need to wear natural/nudey tones for work. It's very sheer so needs a couple of coats to be opaque but the end result is super light and peachy. This is quite a nice shade if you chip your nail polish easily as the chips are hard to see. This is a your-nails-but-better kind of colour.
What nail colours do you opt for during the Summer?
X
Follow me on Bloglovin' // Instagram // Twitter





No comments:
Post a Comment